We are thrilled to announce PAIG’s meeting at the upcoming SMT/AMS conference. The program, which includes short papers, respondents, and time for audience participation and discussion, is listed below. We hope you are able to attend! PERFORMANCE AND ANALYSIS TODAY: NEW HORIZONS Saturday, November 8 from 5:30-7:30 PM MODERATORS: PAIG Co-Chairs Daniel Barolsky (Beloit College) and Edward Klorman (Queens College, CUNY; and The Juilliard School RESPONDENTS: John Rink (University of Cambridge) and Janet Schmalfeldt (Tufts University) PRESENTERS:
- Benjamin Binder (Duquesne University): “Art and Science, Beauty and Truth, Performance and Analysis?”
- Elisabeth Le Guin (UCLA): “Dividing in Order to Conquer: Early Baroque Division Treatises, Pedagogy, and the Concept of Mastery”
- Daphne Leong (University of Colorado): “Analysis and Performance, or, Wissen, Können, Kennen“
- Peter Martens (Texas Tech University): “Ways of Knowing the Body, Bodily Ways of Knowing”
- Fabio Morabito (Kings College London): “The Private Library of a Famous Nineteenth-Century Ensemble: Looking at Traces of the Interpretative Process as a Form of Analysis?”
- Roger Moseley (Cornell University): “High Scores: Analyzing Performance as Musical Play”
Click here for more information about the session, including biographies of all panelists and respondents.